Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 08 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The 2021 Women’s ODI World Cup is postponed to 2022. It will be held in which country?
C) New Zealand
Answer: C) New Zealand
The 2021 Women’s ODI World Cup which was scheduled to take place in New Zealand between February 6 and March 7, has been postponed to February-March 2022.
Currency: New Zealand Dollar
HQ: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Chairman: Imran Khwaja(Interim)
2. Mahender Khatri passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Politics
Yamunagar district’s BJP president Mahender Khatri.
3. Nandi Yellaiah passed away. He is related to which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Telangana
Veteran Congress leader and eight-time parliamentarian from Telangana-Nandi Yellaiah.
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
4. Which company signs MoU with UP government’s One District, One Product scheme?
D) Shop clues
Answer: B) Flipkart
Hq: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor: Anandiben Patel
5. Who will be sworn in as Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
A) Arjun Rajapaksa
B) Mahinda Rajapaksa
C) Sandhosh Rajapaksa
D) Saravana Rajapaksa
Answer: B) Mahinda Rajapaksa
Sri Lanka’s former president Mahinda Rajapaksa will be sworn in as the country’s new prime minister for the fourth time. Party name—Sri Lanka People’s Party (SLPP) leader
Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kota
6. Government set up panel to fix ceiling rates under duty reimbursement scheme for exporters. Who is head of this committee?
A) G K Babu
B) G K Arun
C) G K Pillai
D) G K Ashok
Answer: C) G K Pillai
Members—3. The other two members are Y G Parande (retd CBIC member) and Gautam Ray (retd chief commissioner of custom and central excise).
7. Who is appointed as Inspector General in Central Reserve Police Force?
A) P S Ranipse
B) P S Vasu
C) P S Chandran
D) P S Sudhan
Answer: A) P S Ranipse
8. Which organization is awarded the Food Systems Vision Prize for its ‘Eat Right India’ movement?
Answer: A) FSSAI
FSSAI on being selected as one of the ten global organizations for the award by Rockefeller Foundation, in partnership with SecondMuse, and OpenIDEO for the ‘Eat Right India’ movement. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Capital: Washington D.C
Currency: US Dollar
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India:
HQ: New Delhi
CEO: Shri Arun Singhal
9. Jammu and Kashmir Government plans to build how many Km highway along border to explore picturesque tourist sites?
A) 400 km
B) 600 km
C) 500 km
D) 900 km
Answer: B) 600 km
The Rs 8,000 crore road project will connect Gulmarg with Kargil and Drass in Ladakh.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar (summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
10. Which state government approved “Policy on Reservation of seats for Women in Village Employment Councils (VECs)”?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Meghalaya
The State Government has brought the policy of reserving at least 50 per cent seats for women in the grassroot village level community institutions (VECs).
CM: Conrad Sangma
Governor: Tathagata Roy
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a week-long campaign to free India of garbage. What is the name of that campaign?
A) ‘Gandagi, Swachh Chorho’
B) ‘Garbage, Bharat Chorho’
C) ‘Gandagi, Bharat Chorho’
D) ‘Gandagi, Bharat Swachh’
Answer: C) ‘Gandagi, Bharat Chorho’
12. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch financing facility of how much amount under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund?
A) Rs 3 lakh cr
B) Rs 1 lakh cr
C) Rs 8 lakh cr
D) Rs 5 lakh cr
Answer: B) Rs 1 lakh cr
He will also release the sixth instalment of funds of 17 thousand crore rupees to 8.5 crore farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme.
13. Which state government launches new Industrial Policy 2020 Focusing on MSMEs?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Gujarat
The Gujarat government, announced the new Industrial Policy 2020 for the State, with an expected average annual outlay of up to ₹8,000 crore.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
14. Delhi airport develops a portal for home-bound international passengers. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘AIR Sudha’
B) ‘AIR Suvidha’
C) ‘AIR Swachh’
D) ‘AIR Bharat’
Answer: B) ‘AIR Suvidha’