Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Hiroshima Day is observed on August 6. This year is celebrated as which anniversary?
Answer: C) 75
Currency: Japanese Yen
2. Doris Buffett passed away. She is related to which field?
Answer: C) Philanthropist
She is American.
Capital: Washington D.C
Currency: US Dollar
3. Writer and activist Sadia Dehlvi passed away. She is related to which State/UT?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Delhi
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which organization will set up an ‘Innovation Hub’ in the country for ideation and incubation of new capabilities which can be leveraged to deepen financial inclusion and promote efficient banking services?
Answer: D) RBI
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
5. According to the RBI Monetary Policy, Repo rate is 4.0%. What is the meaning of Repo rate?
A) The rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks
B) The rate at which lends commercial banks money to the central bank of a country
C) The rate at which lends one commercial banks money to another commercial banks
D) The rate at which the central bank of one country lends money to the central bank of another country
Answer: A) The rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility Rate||4.25%|
6. Which Bank gets RBI’s nod for setting up a wholly owned non-financial subsidiary?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) South Indian Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Answer: C) South Indian Bank
South Indian Bank:
HQ: Thrissur, Kerala
CEO: V.G Mathew
Tagline: Experience Next Generation Banking
7. Which Payment Bank ties up with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer Shop Insurance for its retailers and merchants?
A) Fino Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank
C) Paytm Payments Bank
D) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer: D) Airtel Payments Bank
Flexible Sum Insured: Starting from Rs 2 Lakhs up to a maximum of Rs 25 lakhs.
Airtel Payments Bank:
Hq: New Delhi, India.
CEO: Anubrata Biswas
Tagline: Banking Is Now At Your Fingertips India’s First Payment Bank
Bharti AXA General Insurance:
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan
8. The Reserve Bank of India announced additional special liquidity facility of how much amount each for the National Housing Bank and the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development?
A) ₹8,000 crore
B) ₹5,000 crore
C) ₹7,000 crore
D) ₹4,000 crore
Answer: B) ₹5,000 crore
Chairman: G R Chintala
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman: RV Verma
HQ: New Delhi
9. Who is appointed as next lieutenant governor of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir replaces Girish Chandra Murmu?
A) Varun Sinha
B) Manoj Sinha
C) Shankar Sinha
D) Prabhu Sinha
Answer: B) Manoj Sinha
10. RBI sets up panel for one-time restructuring of loans. Who is head of this committee?
A) KV Anand
B) KV Kamath
C) KV Vasanth
D) KV Manoj
Answer: B) KV Kamath
11. Andrzej Duda is appointed as Second Term President of Poland. What is the currency of Poland?
Answer: C) Złoty
Currency: Polish Zloty
12. Which organization has won the first prize in the Smart India Hackathon 2020?
Answer: D) DIAT
- Pune-based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has won the first prize in the Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2020, a national-level digital product building competition.
- DIAT”s team of six members provided a solution titled “DRISHTI” to recognize face, expression and gesture using artificial intelligence (AI).
- This 36- hour non-stop digital product building competition was a national level competition for software edition, which was organized jointly by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and All India Council for Technical Education.
13. Who has been awarded the Neilom Prize for 2019 for their contribution in the space of assistive technology to empower people with disabilities?
A) Piyush Dhina
B) Piyush chandra
C) Piyush Chanana
D) Piyush saravana
Answer: C) Piyush Chanana
Piyush Chanana, who recently completed his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, has been awarded the Neilom Prize for 2019. The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and is given annually to the best outgoing student of IIT-Delhi, for their contribution in the space of assistive technology to empower people with disabilities.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. NHAI Signs MoU with which IIT for Setting UP Center of Excellence on Use of Artificial Intelligence in Data Driven Decision Making in NHAI?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Delhi
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: B) IIT Delhi
HQ: New Delhi
Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
15. The Indian Railways is set to introduce the first “Kisan Rail” from ________ to _________?
A) Jaipur, Bhubaneswar
B) Hyderabad, Bangalore
C) Devlali, Danapur
D) Chennai, Bangalore
Answer: C) Devlali, Danapur
16. Government is set to launch a scheme for funding in manmade fiber segment. What is the name of that scheme?
A) Focused Price Investment Scheme
B) Focused Power Investment Scheme
C) Focused Product Investment Scheme
D) Focused Premium Investment Scheme
Answer: C) Focused Product Investment Scheme
17. Which state government launches GRID Policy for IT industry development?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Telangana
Growth in Dispersion (GRID)
18. Which Ministry flagged off a ”medicine van” for the Bihar flood victims?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Home Ministry
C) Tourism Ministry
D) Tribal Affairs Ministry
Answer: D) Tribal Affairs Ministry
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday flagged off a ”medicine van” for the Bihar flood victims.
- Delhi-based Thakurdwara Trust has provided medicines worth Rs 15 lakh for flood-affected people. Around 2,000 volunteers have been working on the ground to help the flood victims.
Minister: Arjun munda
Constituency: Khunti, Jharkhand
19. Google has signed the agreement with which state Government for introducing digital education tools in schools across the state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Maharashtra
CM: Udhav Thackarey
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
20. Which organization in association with CISCE and CBSE launches Khelo India Mobile App online training program for principals, PE Teachers?
Answer: C) SAI
The Sports Authority of India, in association with Education Boards CISCE and CBSE, will host an online program for training of Physical Education (PE) Teachers from CISCE Schools on “Khelo India Fitness Assessment of School Going Children”.