Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Civil Services day is observed on which date?
A) April 22
B) April 23
C) April 24
D) April 25
E) April 21
Answer: E) April 21
- Every year, the central government celebrates April 21 as ‘Civil Services day’ as an occasion for the civil servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizen and renew their commitments to public service and excellence in work.
- The civil service is the permanent executive branch of the Republic of India.
- The civil servants are the administrators and ensure the implementation of policies of the governments, creating ways for smooth functioning of programmes and ensuring the passage of the benefits to the beneficiaries.
History of National Civil Service Day:
- April 21 is chosen as National Civil Service Day to commemorate the day when first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the probationers of Administrative Services Officers in 1947 at Metcalf House, New Delhi.
- In his speech, Patel referred to the civil servants as the ‘steel frame of India’.
- The first National Civil Service Day function was held in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on April 21, 2006.
World Creativity and Innovation Day 2021:
- The United Nations aims to raise awareness about the role of creativity and innovation in all aspects of human development by celebrating the World Creativity and Innovation Day.
- Every year on April 21, the UN celebrates World Creativity and Innovation Day.
- The is observed to raise awareness about the role of innovation and creativity in each aspect of human development.
- The main idea behind this day is to push countries into creative multidisciplinary thinking at both group and individual levels.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted the resolution to celebrate the day on 27 April, 2017.
- World Creativity and Innovation Day was founded on 25 May, 2001 in Toronto, Canada.
- The founder of the day was the Canadian Marci Segal, who was studying creativity in 1977 at the International Center for Studies in Creativity.
Administrative Professionals Day:
- Administrative Professionals Day (also known as Secretaries Day or Admin Day) is a day observed yearly in a small number of countries.
- The day recognizes the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, executive assistants, personal assistants, receptionists, client services representatives, and other administrative support professionals.
- Typically, administrative professionals are given cards, flowers, chocolates, and lunches.
2. Which country cricket team has been awarded the 100 per cent Cricket Female Cricket Initiative of the Year?
Answer: B) Brazil
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced Argentina, Brazil, Uganda and Vanuatu as the global winners of the ICC Development Awards for 2020 for their outstanding contribution to the games through four exceptional programmes last year.
- The ICC Development Awards showcase the outstanding work undertaken by members to grow cricket in emerging markets in partnership with the ICC.
- The winners were identified by a global independent panel consisting of 12 leaders including ICC Full Member Chief Executives, current and former international players, media representatives and other members of the cricket family.
- The global award for the ICC Development Initiative of the Year has been awarded to Cricket Argentina for producing 17 coaching, umpiring and scoring courses in Spanish to attract local audiences in South America to cricket.
- The programme, which was moved online due to the pandemic, resulted in 257 new coaches and provided people with an opportunity to participate in a new sport.
- Cricket Brazil has been awarded the 100 per cent Cricket Female Cricket Initiative of the Year after taking a huge step forward in the development of the women’s game in South America by awarding 14 professional central contracts to the women’s national team.
- Later this year, Brazil will return to ICC women’s competition for the first time since 2012, when they participate in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Americas Qualifier; a qualification event to the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
- The ICC Digital Fan Engagement of the Year has been awarded to the Vanuatu Cricket Association for providing cricket to fans during the pandemic when the Women’s T20 Grand Final was the only live sporting event available.
- The Uganda Cricket Association has won the Cricket 4 Good Social Impact Initiative of the Year for supporting hundreds of their players, volunteers and their families through a COVID-19 relief programme.
The International Cricket Council:
Chairperson: Greg Barclay
Deputy Chairman: Imran Khwaja
CEO: Manu Sawhney
Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Founded: 15 June 1909
Cricket Brazil – The 100 per cent Cricket Female Cricket Initiative of the Year.
2. Qadeer Ahmed Khan has been handed how many year ban from all cricket after the fast bowler admitted to six breaches of the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) anti-corruption code?
Answer: E) 5
- United Arab Emirates’ Qadeer Ahmed Khan has been handed a five-year ban from all cricket after the fast bowler admitted to six breaches of the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) anti-corruption code.
- Khan, 35, was charged and provisionally suspended in October 2019 for a series of breaches when UAE played Zimbabwe and Netherlands earlier that year.
KL Rahul smashes Virat Kohli’s record, becomes fastest Indian to 5000 T20 runs:
- Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul smashed Virat Kohli’s record during the Indian Premier League clash against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- The right-handed batsman became the fastest Indian to reach the 5000-run mark in T20 cricket during the match, breaking the record which was previously held by India captain Kohli.
- While Kohli had reached the mark in 167 innings, Rahul reached in his 143rd innings.
Capital : Abu Dhabi
Currency : UAE Dirham
UAE’s Qadeer – Ban for five years for corruption.
3. Kishore Nandlaskar passes away. He is related to which field?
Answer: D) Actor
- Veteran actor Kishore Nandlaskar, who featured in several Marathi and Hindi films like ‘Purna Satya’ and ‘Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai’, died due to COVID-19 complications.
- The actor made his debut in 1982 with Marathi film ‘Navare Sagle Gadhav’ and went to act in movies like ‘Bhavishyachi Aishi Taishi: The Prediction’, ‘Gaon Thor Pudhari Chor’ and ‘Jara Japun Kara’.
Kishore Nandlaskar – Veteran actor.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. International Finance Corporation (IFC) has proposed to loan up to ________ to Bajaj Finance Ltd to women led MSMEs?
A) $130 million
B) $140 million
C) $150 million
D) $160 million
E) $170 million
Answer: C) $150 million
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) part of the World Bank Group has proposed to loan up to $150 million to Bajaj Finance Ltd.
- According to IFC, the proposed $150 million senior loan for up to five years to Bajaj Finance will enable the company to expand its lending to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) and women owned MSMEs.
- Bajaj Finance will increase its lending to MSME segment to about $600 million.
Members: 189 countries (IBRD), 173 countries (IDA)
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
IFC – Loan up to $150 million to Bajaj Finance’s lending to women led MSMEs.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Left and Right – on Kerala’s political history in the last 40 years is authored by whom?
A) Cheran Philip
B) Varun Philip
C) Cherian Philip
D) Ashok Philip
E) Aravind Philip
Answer: C) Cherian Philip
- Left fellow traveller Cherian Philip, who has been denied Rajya Sabha seat by CPI(M) twice, has said he will be writing a book — titled as Left and Right — on Kerala’s political history in the last 40 years.
Left and Right – On Kerala’s political history in the last 40 years – Authored by Cherian Philip.
6. Who takes over as new Chairperson of FICCI FLO?
A) Uma Chigurupati
B) Sneha Chigurupati
C) Usha Chigurupati
D) Santhi Chigurupati
E) Niranjani Chigurupati
Answer: A) Uma Chigurupati
- City-based well-known businesswoman Uma Chigurupati has taken over as the new Chairperson of the FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) Hyderabad Chapter.
Uma Chigurupati – new Chairperson of FICCI FLO.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which IIT developed hollow fiber membrane to remove micro-plastics from seawater?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Kharagpur
E) IIT Guwahati
Answer: E) IIT Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati researchers have developed a microfiltration process to remove microplastics from seawater in order to prevent the inclusion of plastic residues in edible salt extracted from it.
- Prof. Kaustubha Mohanty and Dr. Senthilmurugan Subbiah, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Guwahati, have recently published the results of this research in the journal Environmental Technology & Innovation, in a paper co-authored by their research scholar, Naveenkumar Ashok Yaranal.
IIT Kharagpur launches COVIRAP diagnostic technology
- IIT Kharagpur has successfully commercialised its flagship healthcare product COVIRAP the novel diagnostic technology to zero on infectious diseases including COVID-19, the institute.
- The product, developed by lead researchers Professor Suman Chakraborty, Dr Arindam Mondal and their research group, has been licensed for commercialisation to the Rapid Diagnostic Group of Companies, India and Bramerton Holdings LLC, USA.
- Bramerton Holdings has signed a record deal for securing global rights for commercially disseminating the COVIRAP technology developed at IIT Kharagpur in various geographical locations outside the territory of the Indian subcontinent
IIT Guwahati – Develop hollow fiber membrane to remove micro-plastics from seawater.
8. RKS Bhadauria flagged off ____ Rafale fighter jets from Merignac-Bordeaux airbase in France to India?
Answer: B) 4
- Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria flagged off four Rafale fighter jets from Merignac-Bordeaux airbase in France to India.
- This is the fifth ferry of Rafale jets from France to India and their arrival will take the total number of French-origin fighters in the IAF inventory to 18.
- India ordered 36 warplanes from France (equivalent of two squadrons) in September 2016 for ₹59,000 crore under a government-to-government deal.
- The arrival of four jets will enable the completion of the first squadron of these fighters.
- in Ambala and set the stage for raising the second squadron at Hasimara in
- All the 36 planes are likely to join the IAF’s fighter fleet by the year-end.
IAF chief – Flag off 4 Rafale fighter jets from France’s Merignac-Bordeaux airbase.
9. Which organisation, CEEW launch Renewable Dashboard for detailed operational info on RE projects in India?
Answer: E) CEA
- The Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and CEEW’s Centre for Energy Finance (CEEW-CEF) launched the India Renewables Dashboard.
- The dashboard is a joint effort to provide detailed operational information on renewable energy (RE) projects in India
- This information on dashboard is freely available to policymakers, developers, financiers, and the public.
- It was launched by Sandesh Kumar Sharma, member (planning) of CEA
- The dashboard, supported by the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation, captures daily generation data at the state, regional and national levels for the aggregate 93 gigawatts (GW) of installed RE capacity in India.
- It also captures this data at a plant level for a subset of projects.
- The Central Electricity Authority of India is a statutory organization constituted under section 3 of Electricity Supply Act 1948, which has been superseded by section 70 of the Electricity Act 2003.
Central Electricity Authority of India:
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
CEA + CEEW – Launch Renewable Dashboard for detailed operational info on RE projects in India.
10. Centre extends insurance scheme for health workers under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package for how many year?
Answer: E) 1
- Indian Railways develops form-based codes for station redevelopment project.
- As part of Indian Railways’ project of redeveloping stations across the country, the nodal agency has developed a first-of-its-kind ‘form-based codes’ for the commercial development of railway land.
- The form-based codes approach is a set of a comprehensive set of codes, norms, and guidelines prepared by the nodal organisation to plan station redevelopment and regulating commercial development of railway land.
Centre – Extend insurance scheme for health workers under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package for one year.
11. Arunachal Pradesh plans to provide 65,000 tap water connections by which year?
A) March 2022
B) March 2025
C) March 2021
D) March 2024
E) March 2023
Answer: A) March 2022
- Arunachal Pradesh has planned to provide 65 thousand tap water connections by March next year under Jal Jeevan Mission. Jal Shakti Ministry has said that Arunachal Pradesh presented its annual action plan and reiterated its commitment to achieve Har Ghar Jal target by 2023.
- The State has two lakh 17 thousand rural households, out of which around 47 per cent have access to tap water supply.
- Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2019 with the aim to provide tap water connection to every rural household by 2024.
CM: Pema Khandu
Governor: B.D. Mishra
Arunachal Pradesh – Provide 65,000 tap water connections by March 2022.