Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of Siachen Day is observed on April 13?
Answer: E) 37th
37th edition of Siachen Day is observed on April 13:
- Siachen Day every year commemorates the courage and fortitude displayed by troops of the Indian Army in securing the highest and coldest battlefield in the world.
- On 13 April 1984, the Indian Army launched ‘Operation MEGHDOOT’ to secure Bilafond La and other passes on the Saltoro Ridgeline, from Pakistani aggression.
- Since then, it has been a saga of unparalleled valour in the face of a belligerent enemy, arduous terrain and challenging climatic conditions.
- The Siachen Warriors continue to guard the ‘Frozen Frontier’ with tenacity and resolve against all odds.
- The ‘Siachen Day’ every year honours all the Siachen Warriors who served their motherland while successfully thwarting evil designs of the enemy, over the years.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre day:
- April 13, 2021, marks the 102nd anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
- The killings took place at Jallianwala on April 13, 1919
- That day witnessed incessant firing for 10 to 15 minutes, which included 1,650 rounds of bullets being fired on the spot; which resulted in the death of over 1,000 people.
- However, the official reports stated 379 people as deceased and 1,200 as wounded.
2. Bhuvneshwar Kumar is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Cricket
- Experienced India seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar won the ICC Player of the Month award for his superlative show in the recent limited over series against England in March.
- The 31-year-old Indian took six wickets with an economy rate of 4.65 in the three ODIs, while capturing four wickets with a fantastic economy rate of 6.38 in the five T20Is to emerge as the standout bowler on either side in the white ball series.
- Besides Bhuvneshwar, ace leg-spinner Rashid Khan of Afghanistan and Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams were also nominated in the men’s category.
- South African Lizelle Lee, who played four ODIs against India where she scored a century and two half-centuries to move to the top of Women’s ODI Batting Rankings, was named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for March.
- The nominees among the women also comprised Indian duo of Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Punam Raut.
New Zealand Cricket Awards: Williamson wins Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for 4th time:
- New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson won his fourth Sir Richard Hadlee medal for excelling across formats and was also adjudged the ‘Test Player of the Year’ in the country’s annual cricket awards.
- Devon Conway won the men’s ODI and T20 Player of the Year during the 2020-21 awards season which was conducted digitally for a second year running because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Former batsman Jeff Crowe was honoured with the Bert Sutcliffe Medal for outstanding services to cricket.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar – ICC Players of the Month award for March.
3. The 2021 Davis Cup Finals will be held in which city?
A) 1 & 3
B) All of these
C) Only 3
D) Only 1
E) Only 2
Answer: B) All of these
- The 2021 Davis Cup Finals will be held in three cities, with Innsbruck and Turin joining Madrid as hosts.
- The International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced that Madrid, Austrian city Innsbruck and Turin in Italy would host two of the six groups each, with the latter two both staging one quarter-final.
- The finals will run from 25th November to 5th December 2021.
Davis Cup Finals 2021 – Innsbruck + Turin + Madrid.
4. Balbir Singh Junior passed away. He was related to which sports?
A) Long Jump
C) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Hockey
- Balbir Singh Junior, who was a member of the silver medal-winning 1958 Asian Games Indian hockey team, died here at the age of 88.
- He was part of the Punjab state hockey team and also captained Panjab University team.
- Later, he also played for the Indian Railways team that toured European countries such as Spain, Switzerland and Italy.
- The team also played Test matches in Netherlands.
Balbir Singh Junior – Hockey player.
5. Simon Marandi passes away. He was related to which field?
Answer: E) Politician
- Simon Marandi, founder member of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and Senior BJP leader died at Netaji Hospital in Kolkata due to cardiac problems.
- Mr Marandi has been a two-time MP from Rajmahal constituency, five-time MLA and Minister of State in Jharkhand.
Eminent Historian Yogesh Praveen dies in Lucknow:
- Eminent Historian and an expert on Awadh especially Lucknow Yogesh Praveen died in Lucknow this afternoon.
- He was 82.
- He breathed his last at his residence in Ghaus Nagar area of Lucknow.
- He complained about breathlessness.
- Awarded with Padma Shri in 2019 he had a long association with All India Radio Lucknow also.
‘Court’ actor Vira Sathidar passes away, due to COVID-19 related complications:
- Actor-activist Vira Sathidar, best known for featuring in the National Award-winning film “Court”, died due to COVID-19 related complications.
- Apart from “Court”, which was India’s official entry to Oscars 2016, Sathidar went on to feature in two more short films.
Simon Marandi – JMM Founder member & Senior BJP leader.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. RBI penalises how much amount Bihar-based co-op bank for KYC violation during exchange of demonetised notes?
A) Rs 6 lakh
B) Rs 1 lakh
C) Rs 2 lakh
D) Rs 7 lakh
E) Rs 5 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 5 lakh
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 lakh on The Bihar Awami Co-operative Bank Ltd “for violation of the extant directions on Know Your Customer and guidelines in the matter of exchange of Specified Bank Notes.
IRDAI slaps Rs 17 lakh fine on Future Generali for violating certain regulations:
- Insurance sector regulator IRDAI has imposed a penalty of Rs 17 lakh on Future Generali India Insurance Co Ltd for violating norms on protection of policyholders’ interests and selling policies without seeking prior approval from the authority.
- The penalty has been slapped on the insurer post an on-site inspection by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) during January 15-25, 2018, followed by response from the insurer in November 2020 and personal hearing of the company’s key personnel in January 2021.
- The authority had conducted an on-site inspection of Future Generali India Insurance Co Ltd during January 15-25, 2018.
SEBI imposes penalty of ₹25 cr on YES Bank:
- SEBI has imposed a penalty of ₹25 crore on private sector lender YES Bank in the matter of Additional Tier 1 bonds.
- It has also imposed a fine of ₹1 crore on Vivek Kanwar, who was the head of the bank’s Private Wealth Management Team, and of ₹50 lakh each on Ashish Nasa and Jasjit Singh Banga, who were part of the team.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (one post vacant, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – Penalty Rs. 5 Lakh Bihar-based co-op bank for KYC violation during exchange of demonetised notes.
7. Which stock exchange has launched a cloud-based research facility named NDR to encourage research based on Indian capital markets?
B) New York Stock Exchange
Answer: E) NSE
- NSE said it has launched a cloud-based research facility NSE Data Room (NDR) to encourage research based on Indian capital markets, towards facilitating researchers to access and analyse historical orders and trades data.
- The NDR is a cloud-based data repository system with basic analytical tools and a software environment that can be accessed from any part of the country.
- In order to access the NDR for their research objectives, the exchange said that interested researchers need to send research proposals to NSE’s Economic Policy and Research (EPR) department.
- The review process for submitted proposals would include approval from an independent, external committee of referees, consisting of eminent academics in the field.
- Following this, they would be eligible for an NSE Research Grant (NRG) in the form of a time-bound access to the NDR to pursue their research interests.
- Such a grant will not involve any other consideration, monetary or otherwise.
Abbreviation: National Stock Exchange of India Limited
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
NSE – Cloud-based research facility NSE Data Room.
8. Which Bank has launched a digital initiative PNB@Ease under which every transaction undertaken by a bank branch will be initiated and authorised by customers themselves?
E) Indian Bank
Answer: B) PNB
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a digital initiative PNB@Ease under which every transaction undertaken by a bank branch will be initiated and authorised by customers themselves.
- The service can range from savings accounts opening to availing various loans and more, without visiting a branch or help from the bank employees.
Punjab National Bank:
Headquarters: New Delhi
MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
Punjab National Bank – Digital initiative PNB@Ease.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
9. Adani Solar Energy Chitrakoot One Ltd has commissioned a how much megawatt (MW) solar power plant in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh?
Answer: C) 50
Adani Green Energy:
- NSE 2.80 % Ltd said its subsidiary, Adani Solar Energy Chitrakoot One Ltd (ASECOL), has commissioned a 50 megawatt (MW) solar power plant in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh.
- In a regulatory filing Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) said the plant has a 25 years power purchase agreement with the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (UPPCL) at Rs 3.07/kwh.
- This commissioning takes AGEL’s total operational renewable capacity to 3,520 MW, a step closer to its vision of 25 GW capacity by 2025
Adani Solar Energy Chitrakoot One Ltd – Commission 50 MW solar plant in Chitrakoot.
10. Puglya has won the best foreign language feature at the Moscow International Film Festival 2021. This movie in which language?
Answer: A) Marathi
- Marathi film Puglya has won the best foreign language feature at the Moscow International Film Festival 2021, continuing its immensely successful international stint. Director Vinod Sam Peter’s film about a pug and two boys has been winning accolades at foreign festivals.
- Peter, who has also written the drama, said that he was proud that Pugla won at the prestigious Moscow International Festival.
Marathi film Puglya – The best foreign language feature at Moscow International Film Fest.
11. Who will inaugurate the Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship conference on geopolitics, through a video message?
A) Venkaiah Naidu
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Rajnath Singh
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship conference on geopolitics, through a video message.
- The sixth edition of the dialogue, from April 13 to 16, is being held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The digital event will have a total of 50 sessions with the participation of 150 speakers from 50 countries and multilateral organisations, according to the organisers.
- Several world leaders and dignitaries are participating in the dialogue which is being jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Observer Research Foundation.
- President of Rwanda, Paul Kagame and Prime Minister of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen will also join the inaugural session as chief guests.
- The conference is designed to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration as well as Asia’s integration with the larger world.
- It is predicated on India’s vital role in the Indian Ocean Region and how India along with its partners can build a stable regional and world order.
- US Special envoy for Afghan peace process Zalmay Khalizad, Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne, French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, Afghan National Security Advisor Hamdullah Mohib are among the key personalities who are also scheduled to speak at the dialogue.
- Theme – “Viral world: Outbreaks,Outliers And Out of Control”.
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister – Inaugurate virtual Raisina Dialogue, 50 countries to participate.
12. Which Development Authority has approved the Master Plan 2041?
B) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Delhi
- The Delhi Development Authority has approved the Master Plan 2041 for the capital, which will focus on rental and small format housing (particularly close to mass transit) with incentivising new formats like serviced apartments, condominiums, hostels, student housing and worker housing.
- The authority has given preliminary approval for draft Master Plan and it will now be placed in public domain for inviting objections and suggestions from the public.
- DDA has also proposed to introduce special green economic zones having low FAR and larger green areas, which can provide a good environmental buffer for the city.
- Master Plan for Delhi is a statutory document that facilitates Delhi’s development by assessing the present condition and guiding how to achieve the desired development.
- The first Master Plan for Delhi was promulgated in 1962 under the Delhi Development Act 1957, followed by the Master Plans of 2001 and 2021, each of which is an extensive modification of the respective previous plan document.
- Draft Master Plan for Delhi-2041 (MPD-2041) has been divided into 2 Volumes, 9 Sections which contain 22 chapters. Vision for MPD-2041 is to “Foster a Sustainable, Liveable and Vibrant Delhi by 2041”.
- DDA has also propose compact and sustainable development through TOD based projects to bring jobs and homes closer to mass transit.
Delhi Development Authority – Approve Master Plan 2041.
13. Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and which company partnered to work towards fostering innovation and entrepreneurship across agriculture and healthcare sectors?
Answer: E) Bayer
- Government think-tank Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and German drug and agrochemicals major Bayer partnered to work towards fostering innovation and entrepreneurship across agriculture and healthcare sectors, a statement said.
- A Statement of Intent (SOI) of strategic partnership between AIM and Bayer was signed Under the SOI, Bayer will collaborate with AIM to support their current and future programs and foster innovation and entrepreneurship across the agriculture and healthcare sectors.
Niti Aayog launches India Energy Dashboards Version 2.0:
- With an aim to provide single-window access to the energy data for the country, government think tank Niti Aayog launched India Energy Dashboards (IED) Version 2.0.
- It is an endeavour to establish a central energy database of the country.
- IED is an initial step towards building a comprehensive, open and freely accessible energy data portal for India.
- According to an official statement, the IED provides time series data from FY 2005-06 until FY 2019-20.
- It also provides data at sub-yearly frequencies as well.
- This includes monthly data and API linked data from some portals maintained by the government agencies.
- Niti Aayog had launched the Version 1.0 in May 2017.
NITI Aayog Launches ‘Poshan Gyan’, a Digital Repository on Nutrition Information:
- NITI Aayog, in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Centre for Social and Behaviour Change, Ashoka University, launched Poshan Gyan, a national digital repository on health and nutrition.
- The launch event was addressed by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO MrAmitabh Kant, Secretary (WCD) MrRam Mohan Mishra and Additional Secretary Dr Rakesh Sarwal.
- Under the guidance of Dr RakeshSarwal, the Poshan Gyan repository was conceptualized as a resource, enabling search of communication materials on 14 thematic areas of health and nutrition across diverse languages, media types, target audiences and sources.
- Content for the repository was sourced from the Ministries of Health and Family Welfare and Women and Child Development and developmental organizations.
- The website provides an intuitive interface (multi-parametric search, multiple downloads at a point in time, easy sharing of materials via social media and easy viewing on any type of smartphone).
- The repository introduces a unique crowdsourcing feature that allows anyone to submit communication material for inclusion on the website, followed by a review by a designated committee.
- The portal highlights the “Theme of the Month” (in line with MoHFW and MoWCD guidelines to promote key topics) and the “Most Downloaded Media” (as a way to learn about the materials that are most preferred by audiences).
- It also provides links to other important sites and resources, such as the webpages of MoHFW, MoWCD, NITI Aayog, AnemiaMukt Bharat, EatRightIndia and others.
Atal Innovation Mission + Bayer – Collaborate to work on healthcare, agri innovations.
14. The government is fully prepared to implement mandatory hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts from which date?
A) August 1, 2021
B) November 1, 2021
C) October 1, 2021
D) June 1, 2021
E) July 1, 2021
Answer: D) June 1, 2021
- The government said it is fully prepared to implement mandatory hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts from June 1, 2021.
- Gold hallmarking is a purity certification of the precious metal and is voluntary in nature at present.
- The Centre, in November 2019, had announced that hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts would be made mandatory across the country from January 15, 2021.
- The government had given jewellers more than a year to shift to hallmarking and register themselves with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- But the deadline was extended for four months till June 1 after the jewellers sought more time to implement in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- From June 1, jewellers will be allowed to sell only 14, 18 and 22 carats of gold jewellery.
- India is the largest importer of gold, which mainly caters to the demand of the jewellery industry.
- In volume terms, the country imports 700-800 tonne of gold annually.
Government – Implement mandatory gold hallmarking from June 1.
15. Who inaugurates e-SANTA, an electronic marketplace for aqua farmers?
A) Venkaiah Naidu
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Rajnath Singh
E) Piyush Goyal
Answer: E) Piyush Goyal
- Minister for Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal inaugurated e-SANTA. e-SANTA is an electronic marketplace providing a platform to connect aqua farmers and buyers.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Goyal said that e-SANTA will raise income, lifestyle, self-reliance, quality levels, traceability, and provide new options for aqua farmers.
- The platform is available in many languages which will help the local population.
- The term e-SANTA stands for Electronic Solution for Augmenting NaCSA farmers’ Trade in Aquaculture.
- National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (NaCSA) is an extension arm of Marine Products Export Development Authority
Railways and Commerce and Industry:
Minister: Piyush Goyal
Constituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Maharashtra
Piyush Goyal – e-SANTA, an electronic marketplace for aqua farmers.
16. Which Minister launched a mission named “Aahaar Kranti”?
A) Finance Minister
B) Commerce Minister
C) Education Minister
D) Health Minister
E) Home Minister
Answer: D) Health Minister
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched “Aahaar Kranti”, a mission aimed at spreading the message of the need for a nutritionally balanced diet and to understand the importance of accessibility to all local fruits and vegetables
- Vijnana Bharati (Vibha) and Global Indian Scientists’ and Technocrats’ Forum (GIST) have come together to launch the mission with the motto of “Good Diet-Good Cognition”.
- There is also a need for a nutritionally balanced diet in the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- A healthy body would be able to handle the infection much better with greater immunity and higher resilience.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology; and Earth Sciences:
Minister: Dr Harsh Vardhan
Constituency: Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Harsh Vardhan – Launch ‘Aahaar Kranti’ movement.